January 20, 2005
Did you know?
- The US spends more per person on health care than any other country, yet ranks 37th for overall quality (WHO Survey, 2000, USA Today, June 21, 2000).
- In America alone, 2.9 billion prescriptions are written per year. Many of these drugs treat symptoms and don’t resolve the actual cause.
- The Center for Disease Control, Johns Hopkins University and the New Jersey School of Medicine estimate that 80,000-120,000 Americans are killed by prescription drugs every year.
- An additional 2.1 million are injured (JAMA, 1998).
- Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Causing 250,000 Deaths Every Year (JAMA, 2000).
Due to a growing frustration with conventional approaches, alternative methods are growing due to more scientific validation, a belief that they are safer and that they lower your healthcare costs. 60% of primary care physicians recommend alternative treatments & 47% use alternatives on themselves (JAMA, May 1998).
Detoxification programs are an alternative treatment that has produced phenomenal results for us at the Brien Shamp’s Fit Body Boot Camps. This approach is used around the world to alleviate the stress we are giving to our systems.
Detoxification is something we do everyday and according to Dr. Elson Haas. It is a process of clearing toxins from the body or neutralizing or transforming them, and clearing excess mucus and congestion. Some of our most important systems of detoxification are the respiratory system, gastrointestinal system, urinary system, skin & dermal system and lymphatic system. We place a big focus on the gastrointestinal system, especially the liver and colon.
Toxins are any substance that creates irritating and/or harmful effects in the body, undermining our health or stressing our biochemical or organ functions (Haas). There are internally and externally produced toxins. The internal toxins are produced during normal everyday cellular processes, such as digestion and elimination. They can even be increased by negative thoughts or stress. The external sources of toxicity can be anything we ingest, the air we breathe, the water we bathe in, swim in, drink & grow our foods in and what we put on our skin. Toxicity associated symptoms & conditions occur when we take in more than we can utilize & eliminate. When our systems of elimination are not doing their job (i.e. colon which results in constipation) toxins are stored in the brain creating a host of nervous system conditions. Toxins are also stored in fat tissue, which is commonly seen as cellulite. Toxins are also continuously being circulated within the blood stream.
A few years ago I went on a Detoxification program because like many others I had GI problems: gas, bloatedness, constipation and abdominal distension. In addition to the GI problems, I had canker sores since I was 5 and took all the best medications from the doctors. I never saw a reduction in symptoms but was told there would be. It has been over two years since I did a Detoxification program and still today not one canker sore. My GI problems have only occurred once or twice when eating foods to which I was intolerant.
If you can relate to my story above or you have any of the following you many want to consider the 21 Day Detox Program: obesity/overweight, headaches, acne, food cravings, water retention, fertility problems, abnormal pregnancy outcome, immune system depression, fibromyalgia, recurrent yeast infections, learning disorders, cancer, muscle or joint pain/weakness, asthma, poor memory, Parkinson’ s disease, fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome, sinus problems, unusual response to medications or supplements, increasing sensitivity to exogenous exposures: odors, medications, etc.
Detoxification programs can eliminate 3 of the 5 types of stress that can create a loss of metabolic balance. Six sources of stress were explained by Paul Chek in a seminar I attended (www.paulchekseminars.com).
- Psychic Stress (spiritual, mental, emotional) is reduced because when you decrease the toxins that you have been holding onto, you decrease some of the baggage. It is a feeling of emotional restoration.
- Nutritional Stress (insufficient quantity or quality) is reduced because the program limits the possible food allergens and intolerances that ultimately create havoc (alcohol, caffeine, soy, dairy, gluten, etc). You are also supported with good nutrients.
- Chemical Stress (toxic substances, non-nutritional dietary excesses) is reduced to a greater extent because the goal is to eat organic foods, free of pesticides, hormones, anti-biotics and other chemicals.
At the Brien Shamp’s Fit Body Boot Camps, we do not suggest doing unsupervised Detoxification Programs, which is why we teamed up with Standard Process. Many who have done juicing and fasting programs have gone into “Crisis” or had bad symptoms because they did not get the nutrients they needed for optimal detoxification. Some even increased their toxicity. With the assistance of Standard Process, we perform medical detox programs where we evaluate the needs of each individual and develop a plan that best suits their current condition. Contact us today for a free consultation about a plan for you.
I offer several different types of detoxification programs. Click here to see information on them all.
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp