Here is another Little Black Dress Project (LBD) approved recipe.
Is there anything better than a dinner that only dirties up one pot while cooking? This delicious chicken and veggie dinner keeps clean up to the minimum, and the fitness payoff to the max! Not to mention it tastes phenomenal (even the kids will eat it!)
Cooking a healthy dinner at home does not have to be complicated or take lots of time. This simple recipe for chicken tenders and veggies will only take you about 30 minutes from start to finish. Meals that are rich in protein and fiber and low in carbs, like this one, will help you build muscle and stay lean.
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound organic chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary plus a dash more
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika plus a dash more
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme plus a dash more
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- pinch of ground cumin
- 3 organic zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and sauté, covered, for about five minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the squash to a bowl, then set the skillet back on medium heat.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the hot skillet.
- Sear for about 5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Sprinkle with all the seasonings. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash back into the pot for the remaining 5 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: 192 calories, 6g fat, 424mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 20g protein
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp