Most muffin recipes use white flour, sugar, canola oil and dairy—but not these healthy muffins. Each of these Sweet Potato Protein Muffins is packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and 9 full grams of protein. Enjoy one as a nutritious breakfast or as an after-workout snack.
- 1 cup almonds (or almond flour)
- 10 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 1 cup vanilla flavored protein powder
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Poke a sweet potato all over with a fork and bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove the sweet potato from oven when done and reduce the oven temperature to 350F.
- Allow the sweet potato to cool, and remove the skin.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- Generously grease a 12-muffin tin with coconut oil. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: 134 calories, 6g fat, 107mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2.4g fiber, 9g protein
Your friend & coach,