Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s also the easiest meal to mess up. Donuts, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, sugary cereals… there are so many ways to start your day off in a fattening way.
Read on for 5 No-Effort Breakfasts that deliver in taste, nutrition and speed.
1. Egg Muffins
Traditional fluffy bakery muffins sure are delicious, but that’s the fast track to weight gain. So instead let’s enjoy a protein-packed egg muffin in the morning. These egg muffins are quick, last up to 4 days in the fridge, and will fill you with wholesome energy.
- 6 omega-3, organic, free range eggs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- handful of organic shredded cheese
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Mix up the eggs, add bell pepper, cheese and seasonings. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg is fully set.
- Let cool and enjoy!
2. Green Smoothie
Not all smoothies were created equal. In fact, most smoothies are nothing but cups filled with simple sugar – fat traps that are marketed as health food. This green smoothie recipe is different. Packed with wholesome protein and nutritious greens, it’s big on flavor, nutrition and the energy that comes from real food ingredients.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1Tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup wheat grass
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop high quality, low carb chocolate protein
- 1 inch slice of banana
- Optional pinch of Stevia
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all the ingredients in your high speed blender.
- Blend on high for a full minute, or until the tiny pieces of spinach have disappeared and the smoothie turns a brilliant shade of green.
- Pour in a cup and enjoy!
3. Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs & Apple Slices
You’d be hard pressed to find a healthier or quicker breakfast than hard boiled eggs and apple slices. It’s filled with healthy protein, fiber and energy prompting nutrients while being quick and portable.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- apple slices
- Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer.
- Cover with an inch or two of cold water, add the salt to the water.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat, leaving the saucepan where it is. Cover and sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water from the saucepan and run cold water over the eggs.
- Peel eggs and place on plate with apple slices and enjoy!
4. Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Pumpkin is the flavor of the season, so let’s enjoy it in this quick, nutritious smoothie recipe. The problem with most smoothies is the sugar content, so I’ve made this smoothie to be low in sugar yet still high in flavor.
- 1 frozen banana (or half if you want to save on calories and carbs)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 scoop quality vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg and cloves
- Combine all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender
- Mix until smooth.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
5. Turkey or Ham Roll Ups
This is a very quick breakfast idea that tastes amazing. It’s filled with protein, good fats and wholesome fiber. Best of all you can make this in 5 minutes or less, throw them into a zip lock bag and eat them on-the-go!
- 6 slices high-quality turkey or ham
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- Spread some of the almond butter down the center of each turkey or ham slice.
- Line with a few slices of apple and a sprinkle of raisins.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Don’t forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now you have 5 wholesome, quick recipes to fuel your mornings and keep you on track for healthy eating all day long. Start your day right and the rest of the day will follow suit.
I work with those who desire weight & fat loss, pain reduction and stress management through comprehensive exercise, nutrition & lifestyle strategies. My dream is to coach those who seek my help live their passions with happiness & love.
Healthy eating is only half of the fitness formula. Eat a healthy breakfast and then come workout with me. Call me today at 650-654-4604 or email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org get started on a fat loss program that really works.
Thank you for allowing me to help you.
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp