Here’s a recipe to spice up your breakfast. Eggs, fire-roasted green chili and diced tomatoes create a tasty omelet that is bursting with flavor and packed with protein. Serve with a side of salsa and sliced avocado.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (4oz) cans of fire-roasted, diced green chili peppers
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Organic grass-fed butter (i.e. Kerrygold brand)
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and chilies and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper and sea salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and water. Lightly coat a medium non-stick skillet with butter and place over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the eggs and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of that pan. Cook until the eggs have set, about 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber scraper to lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath. Spoon 1/4 of the chili mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining eggs and chili mixture.
Your friend & coach,