Recipe source: The Charlie Foundation for Ketogenic Therapies
- 136 grams or 1 avocado
- 113 grams or 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat and unsweetened
- 5 grams or 10 mint leaves
- 5 grams or 1 heaping teaspoon cacao nibs
- Your sweetener of choice (7 grams of Truvia was tested and is NOT included in the nutrition calculation)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Optional: a few drops of mint extract
- Combine the avocado, coconut milk, mint leaves, sweetener and ice in a blender. Blend until completely combined and smooth. The mixture will be very thick and the sides of the blender will need to be scraped at least once. If it is too thick to blend, wait until some of the ice begins to melt and then blend again.
- Add the cacao nibs to the mixture and blend again just to evenly distribute the cacao nibs.
- Divide the smoothie into two 1 cup servings and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: Each 1 cup serving provides 318 calories, 2.45g protein, 21.75g fat, and 2.94g carbohydrates
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below. Please send me your favorite healthy recipes and feel free to share this recipe with the share buttons on this page.
Your friend & coach,