Most recipes for egg salad call for mayonnaise loaded with bad fats, but this recipe uses Whole Fat Plain Organic Strauss Yogurt instead. Not all fats are bad and we need good quality fats. You get all the creaminess without added bad stuff to set back your results.
- 8 organic, free range eggs
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup Whole Fat Plain Organic Strauss yogurt
- 2 teaspoons champagne mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon
- dash of salt and pepper
- To boil the perfect egg: place eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water by half an inch. Heat the water to a boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Wait exactly 7 minutes, and then place the eggs in a bowl of ice water for 3 minutes.
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs, discarding four (4) of the yolks. Place in a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion greens, yogurt, mustard, lemon, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Chill and then serve.
Your friend & coach,