I love green vegetables, and I love to find new ways to prepare them so that they are exciting, without losing the health benefits they provide. I found this recipe a while back at Whole Foods, and have modified it to increase the nutritional content. I hope you enjoy it!
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 bunches collard greens, kale or mustard greens (about 1 pound total), stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add greens and cook for 2 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add reserved greens, coconut milk and lemon juice, stir well and simmer until tender, 5 to 7 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Go ahead and change the recipe according to your tastes. Let me know in the comments below what you changed (if anything) and how you like it!
Your friend & coach,