I am often asked about breakfast solutions. I’ve got a good one for you! You know that curbing your carbs will help you lose weight and tone up, so try this low carb breakfast. It’s a great way to eat some veggies with your breakfast.
- 4 large, round tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices organic, nitrate-free turkey bacon, chopped
- dash of dried oregano, plus more for garnish
- optional dash of sea salt (added salt is not in nutritional analysis)
- dash of pepper
- 4 organic, pastured eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash tomatoes, slice off the tops and scoop out the insides. Place tomatoes on a pan, and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Add onion. Add chopped bacon. Saute for 5 minutes, until mostly cooked. Add the spices and mix well.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Fill each tomato with the bacon mixture, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top of each tomato. Crack an egg into each tomato then sprinkle with oregano. Place in the oven under broiler for 5 minutes. Remove from oven once the top has set, and you’ll have perfectly done over easy eggs.
- For well done eggs: change oven temperature back to 400 degrees F, and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis:One serving equals: 98 calories, 5g fat, 162mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, .6g fiber, and 9g protein.
If you are on the peninsula and don’t have the time or desire to cook, try our new organic meal delivery service FeastPeace. They were just featured on last night’s episode of “Check Please”.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
P.S. Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help me reach my goal of 10,000 subscribers >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,