- 3-4 cups baby spinach, roughly torn apart
- 1 Roma tomato, cut to your heart’s desire
- 1 carrot, halved along the length and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced into thick wedges
- 1/2 sweet yellow bell pepper
- 7-8 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Splash of water (for cooking vegetables)
- Pepper, garlic powder, and basil to taste
- 1/4 cup hummus (because 2 tbsp. is not a serving size)
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Place your spinach in a large bowl and top with sliced tomato.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Cut your other vegetables and place in the skillet. Pour approximately 2-3 tbsp. water into the skillet to help the vegetables tenderize.
- Add your spices and stir frequently to avoid charring.
- Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, so they are still semi-crisp.
- Top your spinach with the vegetables, and pour a splash of balsamic over the salad.
Your friend & coach,