Servings: 8 cups
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 28-0z can of chopped tomatoes
- 16 oz. frozen sliced Okra
- 2 cups kale
- ½ cup corn
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium high heat and then add in chicken; cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is opaque.
- Stir in the onion and garlic along with a pinch of salt and let the veggies cook for about 3 minutes or until tender and fragrant.
- Add in bay leaf, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, paprika and cayenne pepper; toss all together and then stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and okra.
- Bring everything to a boil and then stir in the kale and corn and simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings to suit your tastes and enjoy.
Your friend & coach,