For the truffles:
- 1-cup firm coconut oil (refrigerate if necessary)
- 1-cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 tsp. matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the coating :
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp. matcha green tea powder
- Add all the ingredients listed under “truffles” to a good sized mixing bowl. (Make sure the coconut oil is firm – put in fridge for a few minutes if necessary)
- Mix on high speed with a hand mixer, until light and fluffy, then send to the refrigerator to firm up for about an hour.
- While the “truffle” mixture is firming, combine the shredded coconut and matcha powder together in a fairly large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Use a small ice cream scoop form the cold “truffle” mixture into 32 little balls, roughly the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Roll the balls quickly between the palms of your hands to shape them into perfect little spheres, then drop each ball into the coconut / matcha mixture and roll them until completely coated.
- Transfer your finished fat bombs to an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Your friend & coach,