A delicious and healthy soup perfect for the winter! Credit for this recipe goes to thekitchn.com
- 1/3 pound fresh lamb or pork chorizo
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, caps only, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove the chorizo from its casing and crumble it into the pot.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently to break up the pieces. When the meat is lightly browned, push it up against the sides of the pan and add the chopped shiitake mushrooms.
- Cook for 3 minutes without stirring, then flip them over and continue cooking. Cook for another few minutes or until the mushrooms are well browned.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until they are softened.
- At this point, you can pour off any extra chorizo fat, if you wish.
- Stir in the chickpeas and the beef broth. Bring to a simmer, then, lower the heat and cook for 30 to 60 minutes, or until the flavors are well mingled. Stir in the vinegar and taste.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a green salad.
Your friend & coach,