Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review of WOD below during warm-up above. After warm-up transition quickly to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Perform the following exercises for 40s in a circuit as a group. Rest 10s between each exercise. Perform 4 rounds. Rest 30s after each round after the cardio.
- Body Plank Saw (1 leg at a time for 20s each if possible) Pg. 45 *3 B’s *Lift collar bones 1″ *Keep plank- shift weight forward & back *3B’s *To make harder use a glider
- Sea Turtles (Pg 42) (Hold for 2s at end ROM) *Finish with thumbs to thighs with palms up *Lift torso and legs as high as possible *Lift collar bones 1″ *2B’s
- Supine Lower AB Ice Cream Scoops *3 B’s *Start with knees & hips flexed at 90–>Straighten legs as you scoop towards the ground and keep legs straight as you perform leg raise to the ceiling–> lift of pelvis at end range of motion to start back at 90 for knee & hip flexion –>repeat *See video at top as needed *Hands under tailbone
- Supine Side Crunch *Crunch up and reach side to side towards heel of foot *Wide feet *Palms up *Look at abdomen *Exhale with each side bend *3B’s (not in above video)
- Supine Jack Knife (20s each side) Pg. 35 *Fingers to eyebrows *Start with one leg extended and the other flexed at hip & knee *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen, not at ceiling *Finger to eyebrows *Bring elbows to knees *3B’s
- Elbow Side Plank with Hip Drop *On hand for advanced *Lift collar bones 1″ *Head & eyes straight *3B’s
- Quadruped Bear Butt Blaster (20s each leg) *On all 4’s in Bear Position with knees off ground *Extend leg straight out and bring leg up & down *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1″
*Perform Walk/Jog- 2 min after each rotation above*Stay aerobic
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,