Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing Video Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale > 5s hold > 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min)
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during Phase 2 above and 3 as needed. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 11 sets
As a Group: Perform Core Movements Below – 10 exercises in approx. 10 minutes (40 seconds of work with 10 seconds of recovery). Perform 3 sets. If time, perform another set.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Core: Lower Ab Partner Resistance Crunch (40s each) *Kneeling person applies resistance by pulling heels of feet of partner lying supine. Supine partner maintains knee position while doing a crunch *Goal is to keep knees over hips for person on the ground *Communication is needed here! *3B’s (See Pg. 45 for photo attached)
- Cardio: Squat with Side Step Touch *Chest up *Stay in squat position *Hinge from hip *Bring hand to opp. foot as leg goes out to side *Easiest to teach if the camper starts with one foot on a line and switches foot *2B’s
- Core: Spiderman Elbow Plank Hold (Hold for 2s) *Alt. Knee to Elbow *Keep Plank *Lock shoulders back & down *3B’s
- Cardio: Jog in place *Relax heels *Drive elbows- opp. arm & leg *Keep feet low and quick
- Seated Elbow Scissors *Do scissors horizontally with legs *On elbows *Count as a group (1-2-3-1, 1-2-3-2, etc) and get energy *Lock shoulders back & down- squeeze shoulder blades *2B’s *For those with back/hip flexor issues modify with lower ab curl or bend knees
- Cardio: Reaction Drill *Instructor says high knees then shuffle right or left > repeat *Land on mid foot, not toes
- Core: Partner Sit Up *High 5 both hands at top of sit up *Wide feet *Dig heels *3B’s *Modify for those who have pain or limited rom (range of motion)
- Cardio: Boxing *Focus on footwork – have them stand in fighting position –tell them to move fwd >back, lt >rt *Those who are right handed should have left foot forward
- Core: Side Lying Plank (20s Each Side) *Elevate top leg to make harder *Head back *Lock shoulders back & down – squeeze *Top hand on hip
- Cardio: Standing Mountain Climbers *Alt. arm & leg – reach high *Lock shoulders back & down *Land on mid-foot
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp