Credit for this tasty recipe goes to greatist.com.
- 1 bunch skinny carrots, tops removed, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 large kale leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Coat carrots with oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes until well charred and easily pierced by a knife.
- While carrots are roasting, make pesto by placing all ingredients except olive oil into a small mini chopper or blender. Grind on medium speed until coarse, then slowly pour in olive oil to emulsify into grainy pesto. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- When carrots are cooked, remove from oven and cut in half lengthwise and crosswise. Dress with pesto to serve.
Check out our Recipes webpage for more tasty, nutritious meals!
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp