4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) *Start education here about the importance of breathing, emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths, in and out of the nose, initiated from diaphragm (belly should rise first, rib cage second, chest third). Push the need to daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response)–> digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more. In addition, explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 2: Child’s Pose > Squat Rock Position Breathing (2 Min) *For those who can’t into deep squat position perform child’s pose entire time
Perform 2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in child’s pose (1 min) and then squat rock (1 min). Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall into thighs) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Rock back & forth from heels to toes with squat rock. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls) > 5s hold > 5s exhale. As they continue to breathe and rock they should feel their heels going closer to the ground. Emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths during and after workouts. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response), digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 & 4 as needed. Assign small groups and starting stations. They can do the workout anywhere given lack of equipment. The only thing needed is a pull-up bar. Immediately transition to WOD after review. They can get water at any time on their own.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 1:00 work time, 0s rest for 36 cycles (3 rounds) *there is no transition time, emphasize quick transitions. Perform 36 minutes of work! They can get water as needed but keep the clock going.
- Cardio: Run/Jog/Walk: 1 min *Studio– Create a lane *Add SB to make more difficult
- Squats: 1 min *Get to 90 degrees- use a low bench/MB/mat as a target as needed-touch and go target. Low is based upon good form *Hinge from hips *2B’s
- Mountain Climbers: 1 min *Stay Low *Knees barely off ground *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Corkscrew elbows
- Cardio: Burpees 1 min *Modify as needed
- Pull-ups/Pull-Up Hang: 1 min *3B’s *Neutral grip easier on shoulders *Rest as long as needed *Lift collar bones 1” *Modify with TRX Rows/Band Rows
- Sit –Ups: 1 min *Fingers outside of eyebrows – attempt to bring elbows to knees *Dig heels *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen *3B’s *Modify with crunch *Observe if belly sticks out and modify as needed
- Cardio: Dynamic Step-ups (30s each side) *Lift collar bones 1” *Add SB/step height to make more difficult
- Prisoner Walking Lunges *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Squeeze shoulder blades *Interlace fingers behind head *Squeeze shoulder blades.
- Plank Crawl: 1 min *Forwards & Back *Opp. arm & leg *Legs straight *3B’s – keep hips up *Lift collar bones 1 inch
- Cardio: Stationary High Knees: 1min *Modify as needed
- Dive Bomber Push-Ups: 1 min Dive Bomber Push-Ups Video *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Modify with smaller scoop *Corkscrew elbows
- Prisoner Cobra: Hold for 1 min at top *Interlace fingers behind head *Squeeze shoulder blades.
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp
Preview YouTube video Fitness – Dive Bomber Push Ups Exercise