Credit for this awesome recipe goes to Diana Keuilian of realhealthyrecipes.com.
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1½ cup Marcona almonds, roasted
- 3 cups very dark chocolate pieces (about 1 lb)
- Coarse sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet (one that will fit into your freezer) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small skillet, combine the coconut palm sugar and water.
- Place over low heat and bring to a boil, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the coconut oil.
- Place the almonds in a large bowl. Pour the sugar mixture over the almonds and mix until well coated.
- Spread the almonds over the prepared baking sheet. Set aside to cool while you prepare the chocolate.
- In a double boiler (or just place a small pot into a skillet that is filled with an inch of water) melt the chocolate over low heat, mixing until very smooth. Remove from heat.
- Remove ¼ of the almonds from the baking sheet and set aside, then pour the melted chocolate and the remaining almonds into the large bowl and mix well. (Save that parchment-lined baking sheet!)
- Once fully combined, spread the chocolate-almond mixture evenly over the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the reserved almonds over the top along with some coarse sea salt.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 20 minutes before breaking into pieces and serving.
Keep the leftovers in the freezer – they will last longer and taste great cold. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: Each serving contains approximately Calories: 128 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sodium: 74 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp