On December 18, 2014 I had a great coaching call with Dr. Heidi Dulay. We discussed intermittent fasting and digestive resting, a topic that I find very interesting.
In the call we talk about things such as detoxing (emotional and nutritional), and various options for removing stress from our lives from the “inside”. Also discussed are 6 vital needs:
- Air (breathing): You can always go 21 days without food, 7 days without water, but you can only go 5 minutes without air. When the body is stressed, it goes into sympathetic dominance. Taking control of stress will help aid us into a more positive direction. By changing our state, we change our body’s ability to absorb, digest, and eliminate.
- Water: 8 glasses of water a day is highly recommended, as it aids in digestion and eliminates toxins from the body.
- Sleep: Sleep is super important, so getting your 8 hours of sleep each night allows your body to repair and rebuild, which is critical!
- Food: Eating healthy food obviously ensures your body will function at its optimal level.
- Relationships: All relationships can increase stress levels. Taking control and responsibility within your relationships will help you live a less stressed lifestyle.
- Movement: Getting exercise in any form is always a must. Lack of movement can decrease muscle mass, and limit range of motion within the muscles.
We discuss the various types of fasting, how long you should do it, whether it is good for everyone, and what one gains from utilizing this program. Intermittent fasting is really just giving your body a vacation from bad habits, stress, and toxins.
There are many types of fasting, such as juice, broth, milk, or water. Of course, you are free to decide on your own how to do a fast based on your specific goals and needs.
- Your shopping bill gets cut in half
- You select when and what type you wish to do
- Immediate weight loss, while maintaining muscle mass
- Eliminates fat cells, which releases toxins.
- A great way to detoxify the entire body
- Increases life span
- Increases brain function and clarity
- Gives your body a much needed rest from digestive work
Take a listen to the coaching call audio file below to hear the entire conversation:
Your friend & coach,
Try out our Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout totally FREE with unlimited sessions for 7 days: 1 Week Boot Camp Trial Info
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp