There was a time when most people would turn their nose up at the idea of a salad being a meal, but times are changing, and we are now more aware than ever how traditional meals are too heavy and lead to obesity. I’d like you to consider an “Everything Salad” to be the perfect, quick and guilt-free meal. Sure, there are plenty of ways to take a salad and make it fattening, but that’s not what we want to do. By taking a big bowl of fresh greens and topping it with lean protein, colorful veggies and a light, homemade dressing – you’ve got yourself the perfect meal!
- Dark leafy greens (spinach, arugula, kale)
- Colorful veggies, chopped (bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini)
- Fresh Herbs (basil, rosemary, oregano, mint)
- Lean, cooked protein such as chicken or tuna
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Stevia to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, stevia, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Raid your fridge for fresh, organic produce and chop to desired size.
- Chop up your fresh herbs.
- Cut your lean, cooked protein into small cubes.
- In a large bowl combine your produce, lean cooked protein and chopped herbs.
- Add in your simple, homemade dressing to taste. There you have it, the perfect meal!
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp