Below is a 6-Week Challenge approved recipe that you are going to love. And it will keep you lean!
Remember, our next 6 week challenge begins on Monday February 20, 2017. More details and registration here >>> 6-Week Revolution Challenge
Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could eat a big bowl of noodles without any guilt over the excess carbs and calories? Well, nature has you covered with the perfect noodles found in spaghetti squash. These made-in-nature noodles are high in fiber and are very low in carbs and calories. So you can serve it up with your favorite sauce and enjoy pasta night your way.
Many recipes for spaghetti squash have you cut the squash in half lengthwise. This technique causes the strands to be cut in half, shortening them. The technique shown below, which involves cutting the squash into rings, allows for the noodles to maintain their length – giving you the most authentic noodle experience. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and discard.
- Slice the rest of the spaghetti squash into 1-inch rings.
- Use a spoon to remove the seeds from the center of each ring.
- Rub the coconut oil over all of the spaghetti squash flesh.
- Generously season each ring with salt and pepper and place the rings on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Flip each of the rings and roast for another 30 minutes, or until very tender.
- Once cooled use a spoon to remove the noodles. Place all of the noodles in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use as a base for your favorite spaghetti sauce. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 61 calories, 4g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 17mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 1g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call at 650-654-4604 or email email@example.com away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order click here >>>FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp