Have you ever enjoyed a big bowl of creamy noodles dotted with plump, juicy shrimp? Delicious, wasn’t it?! Today’s recipe is a lightened up version of that sinfully scrumptious meal.
This recipe uses zucchini to create grain-free, low-calorie noodles and then mixes it with fresh-made pesto and steamed shrimp. The result is as tasty as the original, with half of the calories. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 4 zucchini
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- dash of sea salt
- juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 dozen large shrimp
For the Noodles
- Run a vegetable peeler along each zucchini until you reach the seeds, to create long, flat noodles.
- Place your zucchini noodles in a bowl.
For the Pesto
- Place the macadamia nuts, basil leaves, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined while drizzling in the olive oil.
- Peel and devien the shrimp, pulling off the tail and then the rest of the shell.
For the Shrimp and Noodles
- Heat a pot of water under a steamer basket.
- Steam your noodles for about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Steam the shrimp for 3 minutes, until fully pink.
- Combine the noodles with the pesto and top with warm shrimp. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 328 calories, 28g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 85mg sodium, 8g fiber, and 12g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at email@example.com to set up your first strategy session, I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp