It’s always fun to try a new, healthy cookie recipe! Today I have a recipe for you that is simple, wholesome, tasty and doesn’t even require an oven.
These cookies are made with unsweetened coconut flakes, raw honey and coconut oil. All three main ingredients are filled with vitamins, minerals and usable, real food calories. It’s a little surprising how awesome these taste too!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup raw honey, melted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
TOPPINGS: dark chocolate, fresh raspberries, fresh strawberries, almond butter, large coconut flakes, chopped nuts
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, raw honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Place in the freezer to chill for 5 minutes. This step is important to help get the cookies to stick together well. Coconut oil hardens as it chills and helps to bind the cookie together.
- Shape the dough into 1 Tablespoon-sized balls. Press into a cookie shape, with an indention in the middle.
- If you have trouble keeping your dough together, or if you simply want a very sturdy cookie, then melt another ¼ cup of coconut oil, then drizzle the oil in the center of your cookie.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. Now you’ve got a sturdy cookie!
- Choose your cookie toppings. Fill the thumbprints with your favorite toppings. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 90 calories, 6g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 30mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 1g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp