Has your chicken dinner repertoire gotten a little boring? Liven things up with this tender, savory, sweet-and-sour-y, flavorful chicken dinner recipe!
This recipe serves up chicken thighs that are browned on the outside and seeped in flavor on the inside. Tender carrots and celery are enjoyable, tasty bites served alongside the chicken. Serve a vibrant green salad to complete this meal – made with spinach or kale. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 celery, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Season both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown each side, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate and drain the skillet.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 8 minutes, until browned.
- Add the coconut palm sugar, wine, vinegar, orange juice and sliced almonds. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and cook, partially covered, for 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove the cover and cook for a few minutes longer, until the sauce has thickened. Serve warm. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 310 calories, 7g fat, 19g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 171mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 41g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at email@example.com to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp