Had enough protein shakes for one day? How about filling up on these delicious Egg White Muffins? The inspiration for these muffins came from a fancy egg white frittata enjoyed at a swanky restaurant. This recipe gives you all the same gourmet flavor with the convenience of a handheld muffin. Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or snack time!
What makes these muffins so fancy? It has Kabocha squash and Brussels Sprouts giving stand-out flavor and texture to the egg whites. Be sure to dice your Kabocha very tiny and to shred the Brussels Sprouts quite thin. Also if you can’t find Kabocha squash then Butternut Squash works too.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- Non-stick, olive oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup Kabocha squash, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts, finely shredded
- dash of salt and black pepper
- 20 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Lightly spray 12 muffins tins with non-stick olive oil spray.
- In a skillet place the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the squash and Brussels Sprouts and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tender veggies.
- Divide the egg mixture into the 12 prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until the eggs have set.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 49 calories, 1g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 88mg sodium, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, and 8g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp