There are few things as smile-inducing in life as a chocolate chip cookie… in any form. The form we are enjoying today is that of cookie dough balls! These moist, yummy, cookie dough balls are the perfect quick energy snack to pop into your mouth in the middle of a busy afternoon. Just don’t be surprised when you find yourself smiling from ear to ear!
What makes these cookie dough balls a healthy source of energy rather than a fattening treat? The ingredients that we are using, of course! Whole oats, natural peanut butter and high quality protein powder create a trifecta of wholesome, complex carbs, usable protein and satiating, good-for-you fat. Also important is the distinct lack of simple sugars that you’d find in traditional cookies. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats (choose gluten free)
- ½ cup of ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (about 2/3 cup)
- 20 drops liquid stevia OR ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup of natural, organic peanut butter (no sugar added – just peanuts and salt)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup water (or coffee for a caffeine boost!)
- ½ cup of stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Place the rolled oats, ground flax seed, cinnamon, vanilla protein powder, stevia, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and water (or coffee) in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Note: the mixture will appear crumbly, but once you press it together it will stick.
- Form the energy bite mixture into 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 100 calories, 6g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 46mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 5g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp