Here’s a fresh and delightful way to serve up tender, golden beets! To get the most flavor, we oven steam the beets and then toss them with a simple, satisfying homemade dressing. Enjoy!
- 12 small golden beets, trimmed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup water
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Muscat vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the beet greens (if still attached) and scrub the beets.
- In a 9 × 13-inch glass casserole dish, toss the beets with the olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and add the sprigs of thyme and water.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and roast in the oven for an hour, or until the beets are fork-tender.
- Let the beets cool in the covered pan, then rub off the beet skins with paper towels.
- Cut each beet in half, then each half into quarters. Place the beet pieces in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the all of the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the dressing with the beet pieces until fully combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate and sprinkle with more mint. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 43 calories, 4g fat, 1g carbohydrate, 3mg sodium, 0g sugar, 1g fiber, and 1g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp