Sausage and Onions recipe courtesy of CivilizedCavemanCooking.com
- 1 pound pork sausages, 4-5 links normally (455 grams)
- 1 large onion, sliced (300 grams)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (450 grams)
- 1 apple, core removed and sliced (200 grams)
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and sliced (45 grams)
- 3 tablespoons duck fat, melted (or bacon fat, olive oil, coconut oil)
- juice of 1 lemon
- dried thyme to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius).
- Place your onions, peppers, apples, and jalapenos in a 12 inch cast iron skillet or large baking dish.
- Add your duck fat and lemon juice and mix well ensuring an even coating.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your taste liking.
- Take your sausages and place them on your bed of vegetables.
- Using a sharp knife, poke 5-10 holes around each sausage so they don’t explode in your oven.
- If you have a leave-in meat thermometer, now is the time to insert it into one of your sausages.
- Cover your pan or dish with aluminum foil and place in your preheated oven.
- After 25 minutes remove the foil to allow the sausages to brown until they are finished.
- I used a meat thermometer and mine took 35 minutes to finish to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (73 Celsius).
- Remove from the oven when done and sprinkle with dried or fresh thyme and serve. Enjoy! 🙂
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at email@example.com to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp