It takes a lot to get most people excited about a salad. Run of the mill salads don’t even stand a chance. Until now. I can’t believe how flavorful this Chopped Chicken Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing is!
Maybe it’s the bite-sized nature of a chopped salad. Or maybe it was the flavors of the vibrant, fresh produce. Or perhaps it is the creamy peanut dressing that covered every bite with comfort and love. Who knows. All I can say is that this salad is worth trying!
*Note: the peanuts and peanut butter can be swapped out for almonds and almond butter or sunflower seeds and sun butter, if you prefer.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
For the Chopped Chicken Salad
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 1 small head Green Cabbage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Asian Pear, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup jicama, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh scallions, chopped
- ½ cup Peanuts, roasted, salted, and chopped
For the Creamy Peanut Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, chopped
- 3 Anaheim chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup water
- In a large bowl combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well combined. Serve immediately. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: 367 calories, 24g fat, 19g carbohydrate, 10g sugar, 177mg sodium, 6g fiber, and 23g protein.
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp