There’s never a shortage of new and delicious ways to serve cauliflower rice, and this golden version is totally worth trying out. The rice is totally worth the effort to use fresh turmeric root! However if you don’t have any fresh turmeric root on hand then feel free to replace it with ½ teaspoon of dried turmeric.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed and stemmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (13.66oz) coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tablespoons fresh tumeric root, peeled and finely grated (or ½ teaspoon ground tumeric)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamon
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup salted, chopped pistachios
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower for 4 minutes.
- Drain and cool the cauliflower. Cut into florets.
- Shred the cooled cauliflower in a food processor with the grating attachment.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the coconut milk, turmeric, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then remove from heat and add the raisins.
- Let steep for 20 minutes.
- Return to a low boil, stir in the shredded cauliflower and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and top with the pistachios. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 32 calories, 1g fat, 5g carbohydrate, 46mg sodium, 3g sugar, 1g fiber, and 1g protein.
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp