Adapted from LoveBeets.com
Detox Kale Salad:
- 1 head lacinato (dino) kale, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 head Russian red kale, leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 6 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 9 oz. roasted beets, diced
- 1/2 raw walnut halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil (can also use grape seed or olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut off beet greens, clean beets and wrap loosely in foil.
- Once the oven has reached 400, add the beets and roast for 50-60 mins.
- Remove when done, allow to cool, and remove the skin (should come off easily). Dice beets.
- Wash the kale leaves under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the stalks and discard.
- Finely chop the leaves and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the serving bowl and add desired amount of dressing. Toss everything together to combine.
- In a small blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a small blender, whisking the ingredients together in a bowl works well, too. Enjoy! 🙂
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on http://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp