About Brien Shamp’s Boot Camps, Personal Training & Nutrition, Inc.
Brien began personal fitness training back in 1991 at the age of 18.
He now develops weekly programs for over 1000 clients and students of all ages (up to 105 years old) and abilities.
He has been the Strength & Conditioning Specialist for several colleges in the Bay area: College of San Mateo (CSM), University of Notre Dame, Santa Clara University and Menlo College.
For six years Brien was an Adapted Physical Education Instructor at Foothill College, where he taught elderly and mentally disabled students to enhance their overall functional capacity through exercise in various settings.
Brien is recognized as a Master Trainer by IDEA. He has written hundreds of articles on various health & fitness related topics. Brien is an active blogger on www.BrienShamp.com and was a monthly contributor to “Parenting on the Peninsula”.
Our mission at Brien Shamp’s Boot Camps, Personal Training & Nutrition goal is to coach, educate, motivate, bring awareness and support those who want to feel happy, alive, fit and healthy through movement, nutrition, lifestyle coaching and community support.
Not only do we help the residents in the fast-paced hectic Silicon Valley area get fit through exercise, but also through addressing our Seven Primal Needs: breathing (meditation), hydration, sleep, nutrition, relationships, personal development and movement (exercise including massage, mobility, stretching, posture awareness, etc.)
Brien has partnered with Fit Body Boot Camp (FBBC) to help achieve FBBC’s Global Goal to expose and engage 20% of the world’s population to a healthy and fit lifestyle by the year 2020. We accomplish this by continually innovating what we do and how we do it while staying passionate about helping people achieve their fitness goals through world-class coaching, offered at convenient times and at a reasonable cost.
About Fit Body Boot Camp
FBBC is an incredibly effective boot camp model that really helps get people moving. With over 400 locations and growing FBBC will be a household name soon. Fit Body Boot Camp is home of the Afterburn workouts – a group personal training program where you’ll get high energy, fun, and challenging workouts designed to burn maximum fat and tone your entire body in only 30 minutes.
These specialized Afterburn workouts use a combination of (HIIT) High Intensity Interval Training and Active Rest Training to get your body to burn more fat and calories than traditional workouts that are twice as long. Every group training session is led by an experienced and certified personal trainer and is designed to be fun, high energy and challenging all while burning maximum fat and toning your muscles.
Personalization is key to getting the best possible results, which is why our workout programs are modified to fit your individual fitness goals and fitness level. Whether you’re new to working out or you’re an experienced fitness buff our professional trainers and coaches will help to modify every workout so that you’ll achieve your goals!
Knowledgeable personal trainers make the difference. FBBC workouts are done in a dynamic group setting which makes them fun, motivating, challenging AND it keeps the cost of working with a certified personal trainer affordable compared to private one-on-one personal training sessions!
- Inspire happiness.
- Stay driven.
- Take ownership.
- Be decisive.
- Instill confidence.
- Be humble.
- Drive change.
- Cultivate culture.
- Exceed expectations.
- Communicate openly.
We support and deliver world-class service and inspire meaningful change – all done in a positive environment where every team member has a voice and the power to drive progress without barriers and for the greater good of the clients that we serve.
More About Brien Shamp
- BS, CSCS, CMT, C.H.E.K. NLC II
- Personal Trainer
- Certified Massage Therapist
- C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level II
- Advanced Metabolic Typing Advisor
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Spartan Group X Coach
- Dynamic Variable Resistance Trainer Level II
- World’s Best Personal Trainer Contest by Met-Rx (2000)
- Nominated Best in the Bay” for Weight Loss by KRON 4 (2009)
- Nominated as one of the top 10 Personal Trainers in the country by Personal Fitness Trainer Magazine (2011)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Runner Up (2013)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Winner (2014)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Runner Up (2015)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Winner (2016)
- Good Morning LA – June 1999 & June 2000
- Mornings by the Bay – Oct. 2000
- Idea Source – March 2000
- Independent – Apr. 2000
- San Mateo Times – June 2000
- Calgary Herald – Aug. 2000
- Ms Fitness – Winter 1999, Fall 2000, & Winter 2000
- Impact Magazine – Sep/Oct 2000
- Personal Fitness Professional – Nov. 2000
- Contributor to Quarterly Articles in Ms. Fitness Magazine since 2004
- Sports Illustrated.Com- 2009
- San Francisco Examiner.Com- 2009 & 2010
- Contributor to Monthly Articles in parenting on the Peninsula Magazine since 2010
- In Menlo.Com- Jan. 2011
- Precision Cycling Master Trainer: US
- Athletic Training Program (ATP): US & Canada
- ATP, AAQ (Speed, Agility, Acceleration, Quickness) Workshop: Fitness Resources (CO), Cardio Classic (CA) and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- ATP Strength & Power Workshop: Fitness Resources (CO) and Cardio Classic (CA)
- ATP Drills for the Personal Trainer Workshop: Fitness Resources and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- Medicine Ball Training 101: Fitness Resources (CO)
- ATP NRG Ball Training: Fitness Resources (CO) and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- Performance Enhancement through Functional Training: NATA Conference (CA)
- Dynadisc for Balance, Mobility, Proprioception and Core: Fitness Resources (CO)
- Various topics related to fitness and nutrition, Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Various classes related to Senior Fitness, Foothill College (CA)
- Baseball Performance related lectures, Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Functional Training for Seniors – Foothill College (CA)
- Detoxification- College of San Mateo & Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Metagenics/OFC First Line Therapy Program-Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Nutrition for Advanced Baseball Performance-College of San Mateo/Optimal Fitness Center/Santa Clara University (CA)
- Fit 4 Life-Lucy (CA)
- Functional Fitness Training-Fitness Educators of Older Adults Association (FEOAA)(CA)
- Successful Treatment of Obesity. A Multidisciplinary/Multidirectional Approach-Behaviordata Inc. (CA)
- Nutrition Panel, FFIT Fearless & Savvy Woman (CA)