Most packaged dried fruits contain added cane sugar, but here’s a recipe for baked apple chips that uses only a touch of wholesome sweeteners and a sprinkle of cinnamon. No need for a dehydrator either, these tasty chips are made in the oven! Enjoy this as a delicious dessert or pack a bagful for an on-the-go snack.
CINNAMON BAKED APPLE CHIPS
- 6 apples (try Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 6 cups fruit-only juice (try pear juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Coconut Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Core and then thinly slice 6 apples (skins are fine!)
- Boil the apples for 5 minutes in a pot with the fruit juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove apples from the juice, pat dry and arrange the apple slices on a cooling rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, sea salt and coconut crystals.
- Place in the preheated oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove from heat once crispy.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 0g fat, 60mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 1g protein