Thanks to Ashley Holmes from Cook Like A Cavewoman for this delicious recipe!
Crispy Baked Chicken
Servings: 12 Chicken Fingers
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 whole eggs, whisked
- Paleo Honey Mustard, for dipping
- Preheat over to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside.
- Make your breading in a separate, larger bowl. To do this, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca, flour/starch, unsweetened shredded coconut, garlic powder, ground mustard powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut each of your chicken breasts into about 6 lengthwise strips, for a total of 12 strips. Place them all in your egg bowl.
- One at a time, remove a chicken strip from the egg bowl and dip it in the “breading” mixture. Make sure to thoroughly coat all sides of the strip. Lay it on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once you’ve breaded all the strips, drizzle a little olive oil over the tops of each one-not too much, but not too little either!
- Bake for a total of 17-20 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken fingers. Flip after 12-15 minutes of cooking time(if the chicken fingers aren’t looking golden or crispy enough at 20 minutes, turn up the heat to 425F and let them cook an additional 3 minutes).
- When the fingers are done, remove them from the oven and let and let them cool for a few minutes before serving with a side of Paleo Honey Mustard.
- Store extra chicken fingers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for longer storage.