Excellent before & after photos DO make a difference on your placing in physique transformation contests! If your photos don’t show what the judges need to see then you won’t win that contest! Below are the guidelines for photo submissions on all Shamp’s Boot Camps transformation contests. If you have any questions please email us: email@example.com
- When submitting your photos for a Transformation Challenge, a digital camera is the best to take the photos. Cell phone photos can be used as long as they are high-resolution. Not all cell phones take high-resolution photos.
- Have someone else take the photo for you with a plain wall or plain white background. This will make your photos pop and show the greatest amount of detail in your transformation.
- Wear swimwear or moderately tight fitting workout wear in the photos for both the before and after. You should wear similar outfits for both the before and after photos for easiest comparison.
- The before and after photos should be taken at the same distance away from the camera. In other words, don’t have one photo with you far away in the image and another with you close up.
- Take one photo of your front view, side view and back view for each before and after photo set.
- Photos should all be full length (head to toes) or 3/4 view (head to calves).
- Ensure the lighting is good for the photo shoot (ie, daytime, full lighting in room if taken indoors).
- Use the current day’s newspaper to show the date the photo was taken. You can tape it to the wall behind you, or hold it off to the side in all your photos (each angle).
- You will use my Body Fat and Fitness Tracking Software to upload your photos.
Here are a few examples of some good before/after front view photos. Ideal is a plain background and at least 3/4 body view.