How About a Fun, Healthy Snack?
Do youÂ like chocolate, bananas & coconut? If you do this recipe is for you.
Source: Whole Foods Market-Modified byÂ Brien ShampÂ
- 3 large bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate, chopped (preferably dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Carefully push a popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana half, leaving about 11/2 inches of the stick poking out. Transfer bananas to a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and freeze until just solid, 30 to 45 minutes.
- MeltÂ chocolateÂ on low eat stirring every 20 to 30 seconds, until chocolate is completely smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. (Or, melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler.)
- Transfer coconut to a wide, shallow dish and remove bananas from freezer. Working with one banana half at a time, spoon some of the melted chocolate over the banana and spread around with the back of the spoon to cover the surface. Sprinkle banana with some of the coconut, allowing any that doesnâ€™t stick to fall back into the dish. Return banana halves to baking sheet and freeze until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.