Are you struggling with your weight?
Are you tired when you wake up?
Do you have fat around your abdomen but tend to be skinny elsewhere?
Are you wondering why you can’t lose weight, your cholesterol and blood pressure are high and you are frustrated?
Many people are working more and sleeping less these days, attempting to take advantage of the sleep dark cycles that mother nature created. Unfortunately, many are finding they can’t manipulate the basic foundation of sleep and their health is suffering.
The following sleep tips are from my metabolic typing group program are often given to my clients that suffer from sleep deprivation:
- The research indicates that physical recovery occurs between 10 pm – 2 am and mental recovery occurs between 2 am – 6 am (Chek, 2003). In addition, Chek states, “A lack of sleep makes you fat, hungry, impotent, hypertensive and cancerous with a bad heart (Chek, 2003).
- Avoid before-bed snacks, particularly grains and sugars. These sugary treats often lead to night sweats & sleep disturbances between 1-3 am.
- No TV /computer work right before bed. A better idea would be to read, meditate or stretch.
- Sleep in complete darkness or as close as possible.
- Read in bed or journal.
- Be consistent with sleep/wake cycles. Go to bed and wake up close to the same time daily.
- Decrease Electromagnetic Frequencies (EMF’s) (check out a gauge meter @ www.cutcat.com).
- Eat a high-protein snack 2 hours before bed. Add low glycemic fruit as needed.
- Keep temperature around 70 degrees.
- Decrease caffeine & alcohol.
- Avoid water/fluids prior to bed. Drink 2-3 glasses of filtered water upon rising.
- Have your adrenals /hormonal levels checked-talk to Brien.
- Relax prior to bedtime-massage, relaxation cd, sauna, bath, meditation.
- Limit medical drugs and use only as needed.
Check out the article “Obesity & Sleep Deprivation”
For more information to enhance sleep quality, go to “29 Secrets to a Good Night’s Sleep” by Dr. Mercola.
For a Free Consultation contact me today. We will create a game plan for you to achieve success.