Are You Looking ForÂ a Gluten Free Treat?
How about a macaroon? Here is a recipe for you:
- 2 eggs organic and free range
- 11/2 c. unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1 cup organic hemp heart seeds
- 1+ Tbs honey or 2 Tbs Xylitol ( if youâ€™re following a candida diet )
- Â½ tsp pure organic vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Separate the eggs. Place the egg whites and salt in a larger bowl for whisking and the yolks,vanilla and honey in a smaller bowl for beating. Whisk the whites until soft peaks form. Beat the yolk mixture until creamy (about 1 min+with an electric beater) and then gently fold it into the whites until the mixture is a uniform color. Mix the coconut and hempseed together in a bowl and then fold in gently to the egg mixture.Turn oven on to 300F. Cut a piece of parchment paper to line a large cookie tray and spoon on the mixture with a teaspoon. Makes 25. Bake for 20 â€“ 25 mins depending on the oven. They are ready when slightly golden, Cool.
Source: Catherine Rodeck, Metabolic Typing Advisor