Fall Baseball Workout #4
Here is our first real lifting day. The team did awesome. Great job the last couple weeks getting ready for more intense workouts. Here is the workout for Monday & Wednesday below.
Circuit: Perform 2-3 Rounds for 90s each (8 stations, 6 people at each) *Perform as many sets as possible in the 90 sec period after a rest period in which you feel rested *Focus on 3B’s-Keep Belly & Bladder In; Butt Tucked as Needed *30s Rest in between exercises
1. Back Box Squats (5 Reps) *1st set warm-up with the bar only *Hips Back *Explode Up *Touch Box
2. Plate Bent Over Rows (45s) *Hips Back *Butt Out *Squeeze Shoulder Blades–> Plank (45s) *Lock
3. Rack Pull to Knees (5) *Hips Back *Butt Out *Lock Shoulder Blades *Explode Up
4. KB Farmers Walk (45s) *Keep Shoulders Back & Down * Core Tight –> Walking Lunges with Arm Swing (45s)Â *Explode Up
5. DB Ball Close Grip Press (5) *Keep Shoulders Back & Down * Core Tight *Hips Up
6. 5 Yard Lateral Shuffle Drill (6 touches) *Stay Low *Game Speed
7. MB Side to Side Rotation (45s) *Keep Shoulders Back & Down *Game Speed–> MB Sit Up Toss (45s)
8. Straight Arm Pulldowns (45s) *Feet Together *Pulldowns (45s) *Keep Shoulders Back & Down *Athletic Stance
Please add your comments below on the workout.
In Fitness and Health,
Brien Shamp BS CSCS CMT CHEK NLC II
Personal Trainer, Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach