Any caveman would be proud of this catch! Wild caught catfish is delicate and flaky, with loads of flavor. Catfish contains healthy fatty acids, provides complete protein, is a source of vitamin B-12, and is low in mercury. Pair it with dark leafy greens and some fruit for the perfect caveman meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 fillets wild caught catfish
- blackened seasoning (try Cajun’s Choice)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a glass pan.
- Coat the catfish fillets in the olive oil. Generously apply the seasoning to both sides of each fillet.
- Line the fillets in prepared pan, and top with sliced lemon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until flaky.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 160 calories, 9g fat, 120mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 17g protein.