This refreshing summer salad is made with quinoa. Quinoa is a gluten-free, protein-packed seed. It’s a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Add a side of lean protein to your salad and you’ve got a highly nutritious, balanced meal.
Here’s what you need…
- 3/4 cup plain whole fat strauss yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1-15 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- optional dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice and the mint. Pour over the cooked quinoa and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the fruit, honey and remaining lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 2 hours, to allow the flavors to emerge, then combine the fruit with the quinoa and serve.