These meatballs are packed with protein and veggies, making it the perfect snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make a quick batch on the weekend, and then enjoy throughout your week. Makes: 24 Meatballs
Here’s what you need (choose organic ingredients)…
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground pork with all of the spices. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Place a skillet over medium heat and warm the coconut oil. Add the garlic, onion, celery, carrots, pecans and parsley. Cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Add the vegetable mixture into the ground pork and combine well. Use your hands to form golf ball sized meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in an oven-safe baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
Nutritional Analysis: 77 calories, 4g fat, 76mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, .5g fiber, and 8g protein