If you attend San Mateo Gymnastics in Belmont for Boot Camps, it is closed this week (8/26-8/30) for their annual upgrades and cleaning.
You have a few choices for boot camps next week to replace those morning times:
• New Burlingame Boot Camp location on Howard @ 6 or 7 am- Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri
• San Mateo Boot Camp on Leslie @ 6 am – Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri
• Studio Boot Camp on Harbor @ 5:30 am- Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri
• Studio Boot Camp on Harbor 6:25 am Mon, Wed & Fri *One week only at Studio * We will be done @ 7:10 am
• Studio Boot Camp on Harbor 6:00 am Tues *One week only at Studio
• Studio Boot Camp on Harbor 7:10 am Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri *One week only at Studio
For those who are attending Studio on Harbor (248a Harbor, Belmont), please park on the street in front of Belmont Café or in the parking lot next to the studio.
For a complete schedule of classes, go to: Shamp’s Boot Camps
There are no classes on Saturday, August 31st or Monday, September 2nd in celebration of Labor Day.
We have a new Body Fat and Fitness Tracking Software included with your Boot Camp membership – members register with this link: Tracking Software
To keep things simple, please use bootcamp1 for the password.
This software will allow you and I to track your progress for your goal achievement. Add your goal weight and body fat, upload photos, input your body weight, body fat and measurements. For those that want to lose weight and body fat, I would like for you to measure each Monday to keep you accountable and committed to your goals. Measuring on Monday can help one make better choices on the weekends, which tends to break people.
Measurements can either be done at your boot camp location or you can do it at home. Let me know via email if you want to get measured at your boot camp location. If you would like to purchase a analyzer for your home go to Amazon here–> Omron. The key is to use the same measurement device.
Here are some additional steps you can take in order to prepare your body for a more accurate composition analysis:
• Drink 2 glasses of water prior to testing.
• Go to the bathroom and void as much as possible prior to testing.
• Avoid caffeine prior to testing.
• Avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to taking the test.
• Do not exercise within 4 hours prior to taking the test.
• It is important to weigh and measure yourself at the same time of day each time in order to get reliable and consistent results. It is best to test after waking before food intake.
• Avoid caffeine prior to taking the test.
• Females, do not test during menstrual cycle, it will not be accurate. The measurement will be affected by where you are in your cycle.
• Flying prior to testing will also throw off numbers.
• Another aspect that could aid the accuracy is if you place your scales on a flat service in a room with stable temperature. This will aid the validity of the results when taking the test.
When you add your measurements in the software, I will be able to view your progress and if you miss a measurement I will know that also.
Coming soon, we will be able to add numbers for various fitness tests like the 5 Minute Burpee Test and we can assess progress on that front. If I see there is good usage we can do contests like Biggest Loser and Team Fat Loss Challenges. Cool stuff heh?
Tuesday, September 3rd we will have a new Foster City Boot Camp! We will offer programs in Foster City Athletic Club: 1159 Chess Drive. Members of Foster City Boot Camp will have free gym and group exercise access, as well as shower and sauna use. We will have early morning and evening classes.
Grand Opening 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program for only $39.
Check out the details here–> Grand Opening Promo (ends 8/31)
Please share our new location with your friends, so we can get the word out. For more on Foster City Athletic Club–> FCAC
If you are not in one of the Boot Camp programs, do a 3 session trial for only $29. Sign up here–> www.ShampsBootCamps.com
I am now in the top 8 to share my story on the sport of obstacle racing on NBC. Please take less than 10 sec to vote for me to be on TV
The Trail Run & Hike Group will meet next Saturday, August 31st at 7:00 am-Take Edgewood exit off I-280; right (west) on Edgewood to dead end at Canada Blvd. Park on the left of Edgewood. This is officially Redwood City, 94062. We will do a flat workout and run/walk towards Robert’s Market in Woodside. You can do more or less, walk, jog or sprint 🙂
See the weekly trail schedule here: Trail Schedule
Promo code for new Farmigo members – Any new member can use the promo code “Belmont5” for $5 off an order of $30.
Farmigo Communities are an online subscription program that bring the variety and quality of a farmers market to you via convenient, weekly deliveries. Unlike many similar delivery programs, you have the freedom to customize your order each week to ensure you only get the food you want.
Please sign up for delivery in Belmont next Tuesday. Please order by Sunday at mid-night for a Tuesday delivery. Order your locally grown, organic food on-line and pick it up between 4:30-7 pm in Belmont. It will be ready to go in a bag with your name on it. For more–> Farmigo
In this newsletter, you will see an article called “Are These 5 ‘Healthy’ Foods Sabotaging Your Results?” and a Real Food Spaghetti Pie recipe below.
See my latest articles here: www.BrienShamp.com
Have a great week!