Group Personal Training San Mateo Boot Camp 1/17/15: 2015 I Am A Priority Transformation Day 6: Saturday Medicine Ball Core – Cardio Workout!
Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Floor Stretches (5 min)
Phase 3: Review of WOD Below
*Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 above. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Perform the following exercises with a partner for 40s in a circuit as a group. For those that don’t want to work with a partner they can throw ball against wall. Rest 10s between each exercise. Perform 4 rounds. Perform 2 minutes cardio after each round. Keep core engaged! Get campers to increase intensity if tolerated with heavier ball.
1. MB Standing Chest Pass-First 20s-Stationary–> Second 20s-Get the feet moving and each partner challenges the other-move the ball around *3B’s
2. MB Standing Trunk Rotation (20s each side) *Partners are back to back *Keep arms straight and extended to increase challenge *Challenge with heavier MB’s *3B’s *Look straight ahead
3. MB Kneeling Slam *Slam ball into ground and catch on one bounce *MB should almost touch spine in between shoulder blades on eccentric phase–> follow through *3B’s
4. MB Russian Twist with Pass *Sit tall-on sit bones and lower to about 45 degrees *Legs off ground if tolerated *Move from core *Rotate right to left and pass to partner *2B’s
5. MB Prone Superman Pass or Roll *Most willn not have mobility to pass *Superman position with arms at 45 degrees *Relax shoulders *Lock-Chest Up-Shoulders Back & Down *2B’s
6. MB Prone Plank Push *On elbows *Stay tight *Switch arms on the push *3B’s
7. MB Sit Up Toss (40s each) *One partner is standing moving feet to keep heart rate up -supine partner throws ball to standing partner *Avoid sitting all the way up-keep tension *Dig heels *3B’s
*2 minutes cardio after each round (stay inside)
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
If you can’t see the video above go to: Boot Camp BLOG
Please add your comments below on the workout.
Are you up for a challenge. Sign up for the 2015 “I Am A Priority Transformation Challenge” : https://brienshamp.com/programs/transformation-challenge/
Your friend & coach,