Group Fitness Training San Carlos Boot Camp 2/3/15: “ I Am A Priority Transformation” Challenge T-82 Days: Core Cardio 6 Station Rotation
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min)
Phase 3: Go over cardio in wod below (3 min)
*Review WOD below and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: Perform the following CORE Movements below for 40s intervals and follow with CARDIO for 40s for 3 sets each station, then rotate to next station. All Boot Campers will perform same CARDIO as a group; however, you can accommodate twice as many campers if half the group does the CORE and the other half does CARDIO. Transition time is 5s between CORE & CARDIO and so they need to move quickly.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 5s rest, 6 sets, 30s transition time after all 3 sets are complete for CORE & CARDIO, 36 total sets for workout.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
CORE (40s x 3 Sets):
1. MB Kneeling Partner Side to Side Toss- Facing Each Other (20s each side) *Rotate from core*2B’s *Make it somewhat tough to toss the ball with a challenging load
2. TRX Hip Drop (20s each side) *3B’s
3. Battle Ropes Standing Alternating Waves *2B’s *Hinge from hip *Quick hands
4. Lower Ab with MB Btw Hams & Heels-can use a foam roll also *Anchor arms overhead to curl pelvis easier *3B’s
5. Swiss Ball 1 Leg Bridge (20s each side) *Start supine with both feet on ball, lift one leg and perform bridge, lifting hips up and down for 20s then switch legs *Hands to sides on ground *3B’s
6. Prone Prisoner Superman (Hold 2s) *2B’s *Squeeze shoulder blades *Lift everything up as high as possible *Interlace fingers
Cardio: (40s x 3 Sets):
1. Jump Squats
2. Airborne Heisman’s
3. Twist Combo
4. Double Airborne Heisman’s
5. Prisoner Squat Jacks
6. Hot Foot (20s each side)
See video of movements here:
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
If you can’t see the video above go to: Boot Camp BLOG
Please add your comments below on the workout.
Are you up for a challenge. Sign up for the 2015 “I Am A Priority Transformation Challenge” : https://brienshamp.com/programs/transformation-challenge/