Group Fitness Training San Mateo Boot Camp 2/26/15: “ I Am A Priority Transformation” Challenge T- 59: 6 Minute Abs x 4
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below and assign groups during Phase 2 above and 3 as needed. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 15s rest, 8 sets
Complete the following 6 exercises in a circuit and then perform cardio. (15s transition). Do 4 rounds.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. Lower Abdominal Knee/Leg Circles with Pull-Up Hang (20s each direction) *Increase intensity by raising legs higher with circles *Knees are easier *Modify with Supine Lower Ab Circles *Increase intensity bylowering legs –go lower with circles *With hands overhead anchor on to something stationary to assist *3 B’s *Relax neck
2. Ropes: Egg Beaters & Double Waves (20s each) *Athletic position *Hinge from hip *2B’s
3. TRX T *Staggered stance- use feet to help arms *Modify with Band Reverse Fly *Squeeze shoulder blades *Relax neck/shoulders *Hold at end range of motion for 2s-squeeze *3B’s
4. Glider Plank Hip Ab/Ad with Elbows on Bosu or Disc *Stay tight *Elbows in *3B’s
5. Swiss Ball Russian Twist *MB or DB in hands *Keep hips up & level *Rotate from core *3B’s
6. SB/MB Supine Sit Up *Start bag at chest–>Sit up and press bag overhead –>finish with elbows to ears *Lock shoulder back & down *3B’s *Wide feet *Dig heels
*After each round do 2 min of cardio with partner tennis balls challenges – goal is not to go out of breath but to have fun! Be careful of loose balls- no ankle injuries. Make sure campers are in athletic position.
Tennis Ball Reaction Ideas:
· Right to Left
· Field Grounders
· Semi Circle
· Balance on 1 Foot with Toss
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,