Group Personal Trainer San Mateo Boot Camp 3/7/15: I Am A Priority Challenge T- 50 & Skinny Jean Program Day 6: Saturday Core-Cardio Fun
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 20s rest(transition time), 10 sets
Alternate the following 10 core-cardio exercises for 4 sets then move on to next two exercises. If ready before 20s do jumping jacks in place.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. TRX Pendulum Plank *In plank position, swing legs right to left *Keep hips up *3B’s *Tighten quads
2. Cardio/Core: MB Side Toss Against Wall (20s each side) *Shoulder facing the wall- side position *Rotate from core *Hinge from hips *2B’s *Weight shift front to back
3. Swiss Ball Crunch *Support back with ball *Get extension over ball *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth
4. Cardio: Ropeflex Pull & Rotate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_z84Nms6zU *Stay close to device *Rotate from core *Feel feet connected to ground
5. Prisoner Cobra Hold (Hold for 40s) *Squeeze shoulder blades *Keep arms close to sides *Externally rotate shoulders
6. Core/Cardio: Rip Trainer Pitchfork (20s each side): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdSnfxkqVSA *Hinge from hip *2B’s *Keep in mind that one needs to control the Rip Trainer at all times. Injury can easily happen.
7. Ankle Band Side Step (Squat Position 20s and Straight Legs 20s) *Alt. sides *2B’s
8. Cardio: Cross-Country Skier with Gliders *Opp. arm & leg *3B’s
9. Battle Ropes: Standing Figure 8’s with Pivot *Make horizontal figure 8 with rope *2B’s *Slight forward lean *Connect to ground *Shoulders back & down
10. Cardio: Jumping Jacks *3B’s *Relax heels
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,