Group Personal Training Burlingame Boot Camp 3/24/15: I Am A Priority Challenge T- 33 & Skinny Jean Program Day 23: Core-Cardio Body Weight Fat Burner
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review GROUP WOD during phase 2 and 3 as needed. After review boot campers immediately transition to WOD as a large group. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: We will be doing 2 min of cardio followed by 4 core exercises and then again another 2 min of cardio & 4 more core exercises for 3 rounds.
Perform the following core/cardio workout in a GROUP (no need to assign groups). All core exercises are 50s each. There should be a quick transition as a group (10s) between exercises. Make sure core is engaged and posture is good.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. Walk/Jog/Obstacles: 2 Min
2. Lower Ab Horizontal Scissors on Elbows *Keep 3 B’s (focus on imprint of spine) *Crunch up or lower legs to make harder- put hands on belly for feedback *Count (1-2-3..1…1-2-3..2, etc as a group) *More energy results from counting as a group
3. Dancing Crab *Hand to opp. foot *Shoulders back & down- pinch shoulder blades *2B’s *Hips one inch from ground *Try to keep core stable-avoid weight shift
4. Push-up Hold with Knee Flexion (25s Hold Each Side) *Flex knee and hip to 90 degrees *3 B’s *Corkscrew elbows *Shoulders back & down *Push into ground to extend upper back
5. Supine Russian Twist *Palms down with arms to sides of body – Hands anchor body as legs rotate right to left *Straighten legs to increase intensity –bend to make easier *Rotate from core *3B’s *Use MB between knees increase intensity
6. Walk/Jog/Obstacles: 2 Min
7. Toe Touch with Straight Legs *Attempt to touch toes *Full ROM – come down each time with head *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof *Chin tucked *Flex toes *Use MB to increase intensity
8. Prone Flutter Kicks *Lift lower body as high as possible and swim with legs *2B’s *Toes to nose
9. Side Plank on Hand (25s Hold Each Side) *3B’s *Modify as needed with elbow or cross top leg over *Shoulders back & down and squeeze shoulder blades
10. Supine Jack-Knife (25s Each Side) *Lift upper body up and down into crunch for 25s while extending one leg out and bringing other knee up to 90 degrees- switch sides after 25s *Crunch up or lower legs to make harder *Tongue on roof *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof *Chin tucked *Flex toes
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,