Group Personal Trainer Burlingame Boot Camp 3/31/15: I Am A Priority Challenge T- 27: Core – Cardio Workout
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during warm-up above. Assign groups of four here also- . After review immediately transition to WOD stations. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 20s rest, 8 sets (4 each)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Alternate the following exercises two at a time for 40s each with 20s rest in between for 4 rounds.
1. Band Stationary Standing Hip Ab *Keep legs straight *3 B’s *Shoulders Back & Down *Hand band to those
2. Plate/MB/SB Kneeling Back to Back Partner Rotations (20s each side) *Make it tough for 20s *Shoulders Back & Down *Move from core *Extend arms to make harder and use a heavy object as tolerated *3B’s*Taller person’s feet are on the outside
3. Side Lying Groin Hold (20s each side) *Place top leg on an elevated surface (step or mat). Bring bottom leg on top of top leg or to make harder flex the hip at 90 degrees *To modify rest bottom leg on ground *Bring top hand on hip and squeeze shoulders (avoid hand on ground- creates rounded shoulders) *Shoulders Back & Down- squeeze shoulder blades *Head back *3B’s
4. Bosu/Disc Crunches *3B’s *Go back farther to increase intensity *Back should be supported by ball *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen
5. Swiss Ball Cobra with Internal/External Rotation (Hold 40s) *Look up to work on curvature in neck *Shoulders Back & Down- squeeze shoulder blades *2B’s *Move forward on ball to make harder *Arms by sides-Internally & externally rotate arms as far as possible in both directions
6. Lower Ab Curl with Pull-Up Hang or Reverse Crunch with MB Btw Knees and Heels (engage hamstrings)-challenge with heavier balls *Maintain 3B’s *Curl from core
7. TRX T or Band Standing Reverse Flys on 1 Foot (20s on each foot) *Pull band apart with straight arms *3B’s *Relax upper traps *Shoulders Back & Down- squeeze shoulder blades
8. Supine 1 Leg Bridges with Foot on MB or Foam Roll (20s each side) *Feet under knees & knees together *Bridge up with 1 leg > squeeze butt & lift shoulder blades off ground *Hold squeeze for 1-2s at top
Easy cardio if time permits
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,