Group Fitness Training Burlingame Boot Camp 4/7/15: I Am A Priority Challenge T- 20: Core-Cardio Workout
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review workout below and assign groups of 4 per for each of the exercise pairs below.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 15s rest, 4 sets
*Be quick with warm-up
Alternate the following core-cardio exercises two at a time for 4 rounds. 30s intervals with 15s rest. It will take 15s to transition the TRX movements.
- TRX Pike *3B’s *Shoulders Back & Down
- TRX Leg Curls *3B’s *Keep hips up *If more than 24 people use Swiss Ball or Gliders (if you only have 4 trx’s)
- Battle Ropes: Triceps Kickbacks *Get full extension of elbow *Keep elbows by sides *Hinge from hips *2B’s *If more than 24 people only go 15s and jog in place for 20s (if you only have 4 ropes)
- Battle Ropes: Egg Beaters *Keep elbows by sides *2B’s *If more than 24 people only go 20s and jog in place for 20s (if you only have 4 ropes)
- Ring-In-In-Out-Out (15s leading with each foot) *Relax heels
- Ring-Fwd-Back-Fwd-back (15s leading with each foot) *Relax heels
- Plank *3B’s
- Plank *3B’s
- Swiss Ball Russian Twists *Hips up *3B’s *Rotate from core
- Swiss Ball Oblique Crunches *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof of mouth
- Jump Rope: Side to Side Jumps *Relax heels
- Jump Rope: Out-In Pattern (like jumping jack) *Relax heels
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,